16:00Symposium on music research, Joensuu, Finland, 11-13 May 2016
The University of Eastern Finland, the Finnish Society for Ethnomusicology and the project Ageing, Communication, Technologies (ACT) invite and bring together researchers from music studies and various other disciplines in order to discuss music in relation to ageing and technology. The theme is closely linked to one of the hosting university’s (UEF’s) current research orientations on human sciences and technology research. The participants of the symposium will look at all genres of music and ageing, often in the context of modern communication technology. The symposium hopes to offer multilayered and critical perspectives on the crosscuttings of digital technologies and ageing in relation to music studies, and how these approaches relate to other research traditions. Possible topics for proposals include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
· Music, musicians and the everyday of ageing
· Theoretical and methodological ear points on research into music, ageing, technology
· Music genres and ageing
· Perspectives on historical research on ageing and music
· Sounds of generations and musical heritage
· Music, soundscape, memory
· Age, technology and music education
· Well-being, age and music
· Other themes from all fields of music research
* Sara Cohen (Professor, Institute of Popular Music, University of Liverpool)
The organisers invite participants of the symposium to submit their own proposals for oral presentations (length maximum 20 minutes), panel sessions and poster presentations. Proposals can be strictly or indirectly related to the theme of the symposium. Alternatively, it is possible to propose presentations that are entirely outside the theme. Presentations can be given in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Abstracts for the symposium should be submitted by 15 February 2016 using the online submission system. All accepted abstracts will be announced by 21 March 2016.
Более подробную информацию см. на сайте: http://joensuusymposium2016.blogspot.fi/
|Всего комментариев: 0|